need photoshop how to help

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Merkyworks, Jul 5, 2011.

  1. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

    Oct 14, 2008
    im trying to edit this photo, I want the shade of green on the edge of this object to appear blue or grey. I have photoshop but im not sure exactly how to i should do this. please help

  2. Dark slide macrumors newbie

    Mar 15, 2010
    Re: photoshop help

    One way might be to use the Quick Selection tool to make a selection of the green ring area and then with the selection active, make a hue/saturation adjustment layer mask. Drag the desaturate slider all the way to the left for a gray color. For a blue color, don't desaturate, instead move the Hue slider to the right until you get the shade of blue you want. Hope this helps.

    Attached Files:

  3. RodoLana macrumors newbie

    Feb 12, 2008
    Moons of the 7th planet
    If you are using Photoshop CS5 or CS4 create a new Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer. In the Adjustment panel click on the hand slider icon (sorry I don't remember what it's actually called as my brain's a little fried right now) and you will now get an eyedropper tool. With this tool Cmd+click and drag on the area of the image that you wish to modify the Hue and/or click and drag to modify the Saturation.
  4. Merkyworks thread starter macrumors 6502

    Oct 14, 2008

Share This Page