Need post-purchase reassurance!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marmiteturkey, Mar 14, 2011.

1. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

I'm a sucker. I sold my iPad 1 to a mate in anticipation of visiting the US for a few days next week - was looking forward to swanning into an Apple store and picking up my new iPad. After all the craziness of the last two days, it looks to me like I would either have to spend a whole night queuing or come home empty-handed.

In the end, I just bought an iPad 2 from eBay and asked for it to be shipped to my hotel. The premium on the iPad will have cost me exactly the same as the iPad will cost here in the UK when it eventually comes out on 25th (and I won't have to wait for shipping/queuing).

I'm not being foolish, right? My impatience is embarrassing, I accept that.

2. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Yeah considering my local walmart and best buy have them on shelves right now in black and white... Other stores besides apple sell them.

But congrats on your purchase.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

The purchase is done. Relax and enjoy your new Ipad!!!

4. OptyCT macrumors 6502

So let me get this straight. You live in England and were able to buy an iPad 2 for the same price that it would cost you in the U.K. 11 days from now. Sounds like a win to me. Enjoy your new iPad 2!

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't know about foolish but since you paid the same as you would have in UK, I don't really see any problems with that. Yeah you were impatient but that's not a crime.

6. marmiteturkey thread starter macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey