Need printed inst. for installing XP on MBP...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by McHater, Mar 5, 2009.

1. McHater macrumors newbie

Evening all. I would like to install XP on my MBP (just got the disk in the mail), & according to the instructions on the screen, I need to print the instructions. It says to do the same thing in the "Missing Manual" for OS X Leopard. Here's the problem... ALL of the printers in the office have the old multi-pin connectors, & I don't have a printer cable that hooks up to the MBP (I'm in the middle of the desert working with the military). It takes at least 7 days for anything to get here from the states through the mail. Is it possible for someone to post those instructions here so I can cut & paste into a word document & print it that way?

Thanks

2. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

You can find them here: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup.pdf

You can copy the text out of the PDF, but the formatting will be jacked up when you paste it into Word.

I just installed XP om my MBP the other night for the first time and while I had these instructions printed out, I never needed them. Missing Manual was good enough.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

In OSX, select print, and print to PDF.

Transfer PDF to another computer. Print.