Need Printer Recomendations - small, color, laser, wifi, AirPrint

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacVault, Oct 14, 2012.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Any recomendations for printer... need small footprint, color, laser, wifi, AirPrint... what else? Oh yea - under ~$600.

Maybe a built in doc scanner - if it works good and is a true network scanner, ie. doesn't rely on a host PC/Mac for control.

What are pros/cons of diff brands? HP / Brother / Epson / etc????

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

One more thing to consider is the cost of ink or toner replacements/refills. A slightly older model may be supported by decent third-party suppliers.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

That's a feature that seems less common than I'd expect. I use it all the time on my Canon MX860 (inkjet, so not of much interest to you) so I'm curious to see what options you actually get.

B

4. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

That's a large budget for a small AIO printer. Anything you find in a popular brand will work very well at that price. So your best bet is to just go with whichever model/brand has the most affordable consumables, imo.

My experience with network scanning has been with HP and Epson, both permit easy scanning from the device to a computer on the network. My HP allowed scanning direct to email but not sure if all scanning models do this.

BTW, small footprint is very subjective. You talking home, business use? Cause pretty much anything in that category would be too large for me to put in my home.