Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
I have been scanning family photographs, now that the photos are scanned and labeled I'd like to print some kind of contact sheet that lists the files name and has enough room for someone to write info about the photo on it.

The idea would be for family members to write stuff year, place, event , ect... I would then add them to the file names and keywords.

I have pixelmator and the standard apple programs right now. Free is good, I don't mind buying software if its reasonable and works well. The adobe photo suite and light room is probably over kill for what i normally do.

Any suggestions?

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Wordpress and any free or purchased photography template would allow this. You could host it locally on your computer for personal use or upload it to a server and allow family members to contribute photos ( approved by you if you so desire ) and add comments. Easy peasy.

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
I have been scanning family photographs, now that the photos are scanned and labeled I'd like to print some kind of contact sheet that lists the files name and has enough room for someone to write info about the photo on it.

The idea would be for family members to write stuff year, place, event , ect... I would then add them to the file names and keywords.

I have pixelmator and the standard apple programs right now. Free is good, I don't mind buying software if its reasonable and works well. The adobe photo suite and light room is probably over kill for what i normally do.

Any suggestions?
Have a look at ContactPage Lite, Free or ContactPage $9.99 in the Mac app store. If you have your photos in Photos you will have to make a folder, easiest on the desktop, then drag them out of Photos and drop in the folder. Open ContactPage and drag that fold in it and you can set it up a ton of different ways and save as a PDF to print.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
You could publish via Lightroom and then look at the comments. It can also print contact sheets.

Graphic Converter has tools for creating photo albums you can print or make web pages out of for display online.

Adobe Bridge (free) via the output module can make contact sheet PDFs or send to the web.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.