Need quick advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 0xyMoron, Dec 29, 2014.

1. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Hey! I managed to recruit my cousin to join the dark side and buy himself a MacBook Pro now i'm supposed to find him a used one on Amazon (entry level, nothing too fancy) can anyone help me find something decent? I'm not familiar with buying used items online.

Is this good enough?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

4. 0xyMoron thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, that was helpful i think the Refurbished 11.6-inch MBA Core i5 falls within his budget.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Rather than Amazon, or eBay, or others which are similar, I would strongly recommend Apple themselves and take a look at the refurbished section.

With a refurb, you will get a computer that is brand new (even though the specifications might not be the most recent), offered at a generous (sometimes very generous) discount, and covered by all of Apple's warranties and guarantees.

For my part, I have bought refurb computers in the past and found them excellent.

6. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

My wife and I buy all of our computers from Apple refurb. They are essentially new machines that come in a plain box. Extremely pleased with every one we have purchased.

7. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

The dark side would be windows. It seems that you have shown him the light!