need quick answer (apple headphones)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mifka, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mifka macrumors member

mifka

I want buy new headphones, but should i buy apple or another brand. Are apple so good, or not?
    Thanks.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I'm not an audiophile, but on the headphones front, I would steer as far away as possible from Apple headphones.

R-Fly

3. icanhasiphone? macrumors regular

Buy another brand (first post YAY!)

I would buy another brand. The ones that come with iPods are OK i guess but there are definitely better ones out there for around the same price. Plus you'll be less likely to get mugged according to this article... http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9885873-7.html?tag=blog.2 :p

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

5. mifka thread starter macrumors member

mifka

need quick answer (apple headphones)

I want buy new headphones, but should i buy apple or another brand. Are apple so good, or not?
    Thanks.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

go these......amazing sound and they block out external noise. at least 10 times better than the apple headphones (which i personally dislike because of lack of bass, stopping external noise)

sennheiser CX300, darn good. my apple store has them (australia store) i tried to find them on the US store but couldnt find them..

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It honestly depends on your preferences for music, if you are an audiophile, then Apple's may not be the best pick, but if you just want to listen to your music, then Apple's should be fine.

8. stanton macrumors member

stanton

Apple Headphones

Honestly, I think Apple's headphones are horrible, not the worst out there, but too expensive for the sound quality. Depending on what you want to spend though is really what determines the quality. I would reccomend V-Moda Bass Freq earphones as a better stock replacement, I found these off of CNet's reviews, and they're not bad. Link

9. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

This is a no brainer. The apple earphones, while better now than they used to be, will give you sound quality no better than a pair of $8 Phillips, while charging you almost 3x for a pair. Just check out the current color of the pair that came with the touch, used to be white, I bet ya has turned grey. Get a pair of Sony or other known brands.

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

[Merged threads. Please don't double-post threads.]

11. jonthegeologist macrumors member

I've been using Shure E3s for some time and found them to be excellent for iPod use, especially on planes.

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

second for the shure amazing for the price. I have the e2c; Just cleaned mine and replaced the wax guards :p :D

13. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

I'm no audiophile, but I'm sure based on your question you aren't either. I've been really happy with these. They're nothing fancy, but they work well at cutting out the noise around you and they have adjustable silicone ear fittings. I'd recommend them. I bought a pair for myself and a pair for my wife.

Of course, if you have $50-$60 bucks to spend, you may want to consider their higher end ear phones.

14. chall5 macrumors regular

are there any 'upgrade' earphones of the earbud type rather than the in-ear ones ?

15. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Any well-known brand name other than Apple such as Shure, Bose, Sony, etc - as long as they are the in-the-ear type. These block outside noise and won't fall out of your ear.

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I agree its down to taste.

Pro's and con's for every set you can think of !

Its a massive minefield of choice.

I opted for the sony mdr90 in ear and after burning them in they are sick !

17. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

For the record there have been a few other posts on this subject as well.

And, apple headphones are decent. If they fall out for you too much, wrap the wire around your hear and put them in upside down, it helps me a lot.