Need quick help and opinion. Lightning.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by misterjay, Jan 13, 2013.

1. misterjay macrumors regular

Kind of sick of these apple cables not working anymore and what not so I decided to go the "Lightning to Micro-USB" route. Do you guys think it's worth dropping $20 on this little piece and just use a micro usb cable? They are very cheap and not to mention I own a lot of them so would like to just hear opinions from you guys and if anyone owns it themselves.

Thanks

2. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

What do you mean the Apple cables don't work any more? Any Lightning cable sold with an iPhone 5 is still under warranty.

3. buddybd macrumors 6502

Exactly. I'd look into getting them replaced instead of purchasing yet another accessory. Even if you purchase them separately, they should still have warranty.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

I used to have an iDevice-cable and a micro USB-cable by my computer, now with the iPhone 5 I just have the micro USB-cable and the little adaptor. Well worth the 20 bucks in my opinion, although I cringed a bit when I bought it ;)

Just get whatever fits your needs the best.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I have NEVER had an issue with an apple cord not working. They do tend to peel apart at the ends but I have never had one, even if it was totally F'd looking, not work.