Need Quick Help From All You Researchers or Anyone with Term Paper Experience

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ricgnzlzcr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I'm writing a term paper on starting my own business. In the process of a year I started my own company and as my research topic, I chose to chronicle the entire process.

For some reason (probably sleeping 3 hours a night) I'm having trouble writing my "Methods" section. I am unsure what type of study I'm doing (i.e. quantitative, qualitative, case study, longitudinal, explanatory research, exploratory research, etc.)

If someone could help me determine the type of research I'm doing before my head explodes I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I can't help you without seeing your paper, but I've always found it very helpful to email the teacher and ask questions. If you ask the question, they are usually helpful and can give you what you are looking for. Again, if you give an overview of your paper, I can probably help, because I've been in the same position. Go to sleep, drink a little if you can't think, and then get back to me in the morning. I'm a TA in 2 classes which require a research paper...

3. ricgnzlzcr thread starter macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Thanks a lot for your help. My advisor/professor is on her spring break vacation which is why I asked the question here in case anyone knew.

I think I've narrowed it down to doing it in the form of a project evaluation.

The general outline of the paper looks like this:

-Intro
    -Literature Review
    -Methods
    -Data
    -Analysis
    -Conclusion

In the literature review I look over research regarding entrepreneurs, their characteristics, how to start a company, management, and motivation. Then comes what I've actually done as an entrepreneur over the last year. I want the data to chronicle the entire process and the analysis to evaluate what I've done and what I might be able to improve. I'm a little hazy in terms of doing a project evaluation, but it seems like a good fit. Any input?

4. Davis321 macrumors newbie

5. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Ah. Resurrected threads. This was from spring break, march 08. Hopefully the OP has finished his paper by now...