need recc for keyboard cover, privacy scrn, shell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sbb155, Aug 9, 2009.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

I have a new 15" unibody MBP, just purchased
    I need reccs (link?) to a good:
    1. Privacy film to be put on the screen, so the viewing angle not so wide (useful for air travel)
    2. keyboard spill cover so the keys are protected (again, handy on airplane)
    3. a hard shell (i assume speck?)

THanks

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use an iSkin Pro Touch, but Moshi makes good stuff, that's a preference thing.
    By all means don't use a Speck, Incase ftw.

3. harry454 macrumors 6502

4. Harmless Abuse macrumors regular

I don't see the issue with Speck at all.

I have a Speck hard case, and it works just fine. I don't even know the difference between Incase and Speck, they're virtually the same material, and are made the same way.

My speck has given me absolutely no problems, there are always going to be lemons, it's probably just that Speck releases their updated products a bit faster than incase, leads to more reviews.

To the OP I have a Moshi clearguard, and it's amazing. As for a hard case, you might be better off looking at them before buying, maybe examine them at an Apple store, though I do recommend purchasing them online as they're usually much cheaper.

5. grayskyz macrumors regular

grayskyz

I wanted to get this one but was unable to find a good review. I'll take that as a good review!
    C.

6. kai920 macrumors member

I got a clear hardshell for my 13" MBP that came with a decent keyboard cover. I was quite surprised at its (keyboard cover's) quality actually.

I can take a few pics and write up a short blurb if you're interested.

7. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Moshi clearguard, though KB Covers now makes one that's similar and at almost the same price point, I believe.

I have an Incase Hardshell in "muted cyan" and I have to say the color is attractive and I prefer the hole cutouts in the bottom to the slats on the speck...but they're nomially comparable.

8. grayskyz macrumors regular

grayskyz

would love to see it but, I think I'm going to get it anyway!
    C.