Need Recommendation for iPod Touch Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by bobber205, Mar 31, 2009.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Looking into buying one instead of a new pair of wired headphones.

What do you guys suggest I buy?

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

If you've got the extra dough to fork out, these are the best, no doubt:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV703VC/A

They fit even the weirdest ears shapes ans sizes, work with iPhone and iPod Touch (2G), and the battery is quite long lasting. I don't have them myself, but everyone I know that has purchased them has never had second thoughts about their decision. Whatever you choose, good luck! :)

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

There are dozens, if not hundreds on the market. I personally like my Sony BT50s.

4. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

Do you need OS 3.0 to use these on iPod Touch? Or do they somehow work already?

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Yes, the 3.0 firmware update is needed to activate the bluetooth chip on the 2nd gen Touch. It won't work on the 1st gen touch. Expect it in June. There's a $9.95 Apple tax for it though.

6. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I like my motorola rockrs but I would probably get the sony ear clip style ones.

7. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

It's true that you need 3.0 to activate the bluetooth chip in the iPod Touch 2G, however some (if not many) bluetooth headphones come with adapters that plug into your iPod.

If you follow the link in the first reply of this tread, you will see it is compatible with ALL iPod models. Click on the photos and click the last one to see the adapter. All it is, is a regular headphone plug with a bluetooth transmitter on the end. :) Having 3.0 will just not require said adapter anymore.