Need recommendation for mouse and extended keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jets737, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Jets737 macrumors member

Jets737

I am a CPA, I have purchased my first MacBook.

I absolutley need a 10 key numeric key pad. I see Apple has a wireless 10 key by Belkin. They also have a full extended keyboard (wired). Logitech generally sells good product and I see they have Mac-specific wireless products.

I would also like to get a mouse. Same question, wired Apple mouse or wireless from Logitech.

Of course, if anyone has any suggestions beyond the Apple and Logitech products, I'm appreciative to hear them.

Thanks.

Dave

2. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

3. Jets737 thread starter macrumors member

Jets737

thanks for the reply. regarding the mouse, some have said is "too small", of course that that all relative. Also, I use a bluetooth device for my phone (no landlines), I'm wondering if you have ever experienced interference/confusion?

Thanks.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I got my wife a Moshi Luna keyboard because it was the only one with a backlight I could find at the time. I personally prefer the Apple wired keyboard. I miss the numeric pad when traveling.

5. DavoteK macrumors 6502

+1 for the Logitech K750 keyboard. Its that good, I have a windows based variant for work.

6. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

For mice I use an MX Anywhere 2 most of the time since it's compact for traveling & in my office I have an MX Master.

7. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

How about a mechanical keyboard? http://matias.ca/tactilepro/

As for mouse, I love the Apple Magic Mouse 2. Nothing else I have ever used has the same kind of scrolling.

8. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

nice!

9. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I'll second this.
    I've wanted the Luna for some time and finally decided to pick one up. The only place I could find one was ebay and it was brand new in box and normal cost but I was fine with that and so far so good.
    I am occasionally in my office with little to no lights on and the back lighting is very nice. The keyboard feels good, to me, to type on, I like the angle and that it is a Mac keyboard with option and cntrl keys in place and not a windows labeled keyboard... that's just personal preference.

I waited and waited for Apple to release a backlit option but it never showed up, up until this I've primarily used either an Apple Bluetooth but went back to the extended model until I got the Luna.

For the mouse I went with the Razer Imperator, mainly because it doesn't look or seem like a gaming mouse to me. It feels nice in the hand and can be adjustable a bit with the razer snapse software.
    You can also disable the lighting in the mouse if you don't want to see the logo.
    razer-imperator-gallery-1.png
    140635j30es15jj0e5hg5s.jpg