Need Recommendations For 32GB SD Card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ronin64, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Ronin64 macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm looking for a good 32GB SD Card and would like to know what brand you guys would recommend?

Also is there really much of a difference between the class of the SD card?

2. estrides macrumors regular

estrides

The higher the number in class. the better. go for Class 10, thats high speed.

As for brand, SanDisk is a standard. Kingston and PNY are also good in my experiences.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

4. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

I'm partial to PNY and Corsair. I do not like SanDisk because they put some software on there that keeps installing itself on my computer, even when I tell it not to.

5. hawky525 macrumors newbie

How about this one? £22.99 for a micro SD with adapter, it's one of the new U1 class cards.

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

The link says its "perfect for your Android smartphone or tablet"...
    I don't think thats what the op has in mind. I have Delkin and Sandisk SD cards for my old DSLR. all are either class 6 or 10. The higher the number the faster the read / write speed.

Dale

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

8. Unami macrumors 6502a

i'm using mostly sandisk (the class 10 extremes for video) - no problems so far.

also i didn't have problems yet with kingston & transcend (although both seem to be slower than the sandisc cards). i had to recover data twice on them, but i i'm pretty sure that those were recording errors made by the device (e.g. power removed while recording) - i was able to recover all data, so that speaks for the cards.

but on the other hand - those sandisk are pretty cheap and i've only heard good things about them.