Need recommendations for an iPad 2 carrying case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by PinkiPad, May 9, 2012.

1. PinkiPad macrumors newbie

My iPad 2 is kept in a leather case that can be used as a a stand. I currently keep in a cloth carrying case I bought online. It is handmade and I like it -- but -- it is made for the iPad 2 NOT in a case.

Can anyone recommend a cloth carrying bag that will hold everything?

2. fastmax macrumors member

I'd highly recommend the STM Jacket. It's made specifically to house the iPad with case on and also has a removable shoulder strap for easy carrying. It even has some great additional pockets for storage, while remaining quite slim. There are several different color options as well.

For the price, quality and design it's hard to beat.

3. PinkiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! My only concern is the photos show it without the case. I can remove the straps, get it in colors, and have a pocket for notes. But, will mine fit with the case?

4. fastmax macrumors member

That depends on the case you are using, but I've used an iLuv Ulster, which is a faux leather style folio and definitely not a very slim case and it fit just fine.

It would have to be an incredibly bulky case to not fit.

5. PinkiPad thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine is not within reach so I can't lookup a brand. It is not bulky though. It is probably twice as thick as my iPad empty. It has maybe 1/4" all around.

It is leather, solid back, with a pocket where my iPad slides in and a piece of Velcro holds it in place. The cover is flat, no pocket.

So, 2 iPads with 1/4" or so all around. Did I paint a good picture? ;)