Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoryARamirez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to iMacs as I just got my 5k, but I'm in the market for a Thunderbolt HUB that'll support many USB devices as well as charge them. I also need a compatible external HD.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm aware USB hubs are the cheaper option but I would prefer to make use of my Thunderbolt connection, thus I would like a USB hub that is comparable with that cable, same with the HD as well.

I'd greatly any store links or advice on which products you'd recommend! Looking to purchase soon. :)

Thank you!

Regards,

Cory.

CoryARamirez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
I'm using the Belkin Thunderbolt dock and it's pretty nice. I know OWC has one coming out really soon that looks super nice, too.

https://eshop.macsales.com/preorder/OWC-Thunderbolt2-Dock/

Hmm wow yeah that one coming out looks pretty clean. Are there any other options other than the Belkin one? There don't seem to be many.

What I'm wanting to do is have a TB cable go to a hub/dock (or w/e they are called) which will have a good amount of USB hubs that I will be able to plug an external HD into, charge my iPad + iPhone, and make use of whatever USB connections I need to.

Is this possible?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.