Need reliable push email from my domain (imap supported) 08//2009

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob13bob, Aug 5, 2009.

1. bob13bob macrumors member

Eg. My domain search.com. It needs to be professional, no signatures, from:different address, etc. I’m planning to something similar to this.

I’ve searched and read threads on here, since this appears to change month to monthit warranted new thread.

Solutions I’ve looked at:
    1) Yahoo free email: I’m hearing this unreliable..

2) Mobile me: is this stable and reliable lately?

3) Something else?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't use it and my wife has issues with yahoo mail

I use mobile me and its extremely reliable and fast. No complaints a great service.

Any email account that supports IMAP. I own my own domain and have email from that, it also supports IMAP and I've no issues with that one as well.

3. bob13bob thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

This will give you push?

4. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

nuevasync.com

you can set up any imap account or gmail account for push email in your device.

5. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Here's what I do.

I got MobileMe.

Then I got signed up for the Free (standard) version of Google Apps.

Linked Google Apps to my domain (they give you instructions) and so I have whatever@mydomain.com as a Gmail account.

My Gmail is forwarded to my MobileMe account. And on my Mac and iPhone my SMTP server is set to the gmail one instead of MobileMe's SMTP, so that when I send an email, it shows up as my custom domain email instead of the @me.com

When you're composing a message on iPhone or the Mac it'll still look like it's coming from @me.com but when the person gets the email, it gets changed to whatever@mydomain.com (Gmail's SMTP server changes it).

And what's great is that everything is still on MobileMe, in the Sent folder, in the Trash, no need to look at the Google email.

6. bob13bob thread starter macrumors member

at $25/year nuevasync seems pretty good. It seems reliable searching on these forums with one outage when 3gs came out.