need remote control

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by meritlane, Nov 29, 2012.

1. meritlane macrumors newbie

using a dangling microphone switch is inconvenient on a motorcycle while wearing gloves. Siri works great but I need remote operating buttons so I can leave the phone in my jacket and still control the music selections and GPS without fishing for that mic switch. Is there a reliable solution?

2. swervinsuburban macrumors regular

Maybe a Bluetooth remote would work? Haven't looked into the myself

3. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

music in a car can be distracting enough, and you keep in earbuds while on a motorcycle??

yikes.

4. jasonbaum macrumors regular

jasonbaum

I disagree. I think the poster is demonstrating responsibility and good judgment by seeking a solution that reduces distractions.

----------

I did a little poking around and found this...the trick is mounting it I guess. But I can't do all the work for you...;)

http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-bluetooth-remote-control

Good luck and safe travels.

5. meritlane thread starter macrumors newbie

Less distracting than a car as long you're not fiddling with controls. At the right volume you can still hear everything.

This Satechi product might just do the trick. I'm going to order one. It's most likely not weatherproof so mounting and protecting will be the next thing to solve.

6. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

I wouldn't know, I've never been on a motercycle. Too scary for me (I'm a girl)......but aslong as you can still hear things around you I guess you're right!

7. chris007 macrumors newbie

Remote control for motorcyclists

I've been seeing a lot of people questioning about how to control the iPhone or iPod during a motorcycle ride. Of course there are some alternatives out there, including Bluetooth headphones.

But, one other solution is to use a remote control. There is a blog article that explains how it works and where to find it. Hope it's helpful! http://goo.gl/12S5w