Need Replacement apps for Calendar and Reminders in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jwolf6589, Sep 29, 2013.

1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I have heard about Fantastical for Calendar but does it sync wit iCloud? What are the drawbacks of this app? How about a replacement for the Reminders App that will sync with iCloud?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

What's wrong with the built in apps?

3. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Reminders App has a major bug.

Type 25 lines

a
    b
    c
    d

Know try and edit text on line 1 or 2. Can you see the text that you are editing?

The Calendar App is horrid.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I put yes in your quote. I can edit it.

5. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Not sure what the issue is with stock calendar app. It syncs, it's fast, it shows you dates and stuff. I like it. It's better than some of the others, imho. Some of the other good ones like Readdle's Calendars 5 app don't give you the option of showing today's date as a badge.

6. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I said type more lines that extend past the screen on a iPhone in the notes field and then try and SEE and edit the earlier lines.

----------

Its horrid compared to the iOS 6 version.

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Need Replacement apps for Calendar and Reminders in ioS 7

I don't understand. Both apps work well. No problems. What bug are you talking about?

8. m00min macrumors 6502

I'm gonna assume you just want to replace the app you use to interface with Reminders, not move completely away from Reminders to something like Google Tasks.

I'm using Pocket Informant as it uses the built in calendar and reminder databases, so everything syncs with iCloud. I like that both events and reminders are viewable in one app.

Readdle Calendar 5 also uses the built in calendar and reminders but I don't like any of their viewing options. Month view is a bit useless on an iPhone and the week view is a horrible sideways scrolling thing. And it's missing an agenda / day view that handles all day events nicely.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I just tried and if you try to edit by scrolling up and selecting text the screen jumps back down. Looks like a bug.

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I don't know what you are talking about. I don't have any problems.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

In Reminders add a note and type A [return] about 15 times. Now scroll up and change the first A to a B (you can't).

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Oohh, I know what you mean now. I think that is a bug. Best thing to do is go to notes and type it there and copy it into reminders.

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

2 other workarounds for the OP that stay in Reminders. You can edit on OS X or in iCloud.

14. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

CalenMob, love it. That's how the new apple app. should have looked, simple, plain , flat.

15. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

The more of us that tell Apple about this bug the better chance it will get fixed. Please tell them. I have emailed them many times but I will get ignored if its only me.

----------

I do that, but its worthless if I am away from my Mac.

----------

Wait? Thats not a iCloud app? I do not want to use Google. I want iCloud.

----------

Maybe Apple will fix the Reminders bug soon. Fingers crossed.

16. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I use Fantastical and I love it. Yes it syncs with iCloud. It also uses natural language input either by typing or voice input. It really is quite a nice app.

17. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I'm waiting for Fantastical 2 to come out in October :)

18. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

the guy said he wants new apps because the stock apps suck. i agree with him that the calendar app sucks. but i don't use it that much so it's ok.

why can't you just accept the fact that not everything works for everyone? instead of wasting the persons time you could have given him suggestions or not replied at all..

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Need Replacement apps for Calendar and Reminders in iOS 7

Im not saying that the stock apps are perfect. I asked what is wrong with them. He told me. I preformed what he told me. Now I understand his problem. The way he uses the app is different than the at I use it. He uses the notes section and I don't. That's why it die a not work for him. Yes his issue is bug. I'm not against anybody. You posted just to Criticize me. I can say your last sentence right back at you.

20. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I'll put in a vote for Week Cal. I've used it for a couple of years now and it is easy to use and is very configurable. It syncs seamlessly with BusyCal on my mac over iCloud.

For my limited purposes Reminders is sufficient, so I don't have a recommendation for you there.

21. dcp10 macrumors 6502

2nd vote for Pocket Informant. I've used it for years, excellent productivity app.