Need replacement iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creeman, Dec 7, 2008.

1. creeman macrumors 6502

So. I have started to notice that my iPhone doesnt send/recieve texts correctly. I do believe that its my phone and not the other peoples, because they get texts from everyone else just fine. Also, i have noticed that my iPhone has the "light leak" on the left side. I was wandering if AT&T would give me a NEW replacement, not a refurb? The closet Apple store is 3 hours away, so taking it there really isnt an option. Any help on this?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This is exactly why I'm hesitant to upgrade to a 3G. You'd think they'd have the kinks ironed out of this thing by now.

I would say no if it were just the light leak you were worried about but having problems with your texting is a problem that is affecting the service you're paying for making it a higher priority. I think they'd do a replacement although I can't say whether it'd be new or refurbed.

3. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

u need a new sim card, that has nothing to do with the device. go to an at&t store and get one.

4. creeman thread starter macrumors 6502

I will be going to the AT&T store tonight around 5. And, this AT&T store is an hour away from my house, making it annoying to ever go there. But I do hope they will give me a NEW one, since I did pay $300 for the phone and would like it to work the way it is supposed to. There is something about knowing that something is a refurb that makes me not want it.

5. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

well at&t stores dont carry any refurbs, and all swap outs for the iphone are done through apple... but im telling u, its just the sim card, get a new one and make sure they update it correctly, and u will be fine.

good luck!

6. creeman thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright. But why did texting start messing up all of a sudden? It seems like it worked fine before. With the same SIM card. I guess I will just see what the AT&T rep says.

7. creeman thread starter macrumors 6502

Well. I went to the at&t store the other day. They told me to call apple. So that is what i did yesterday, who said it was not a phone problem and to call at&t. Which i did. And the rep said my texting wasnt working correctly because i dont have the $5 a month iPhone texting plan, but i do have the Family Unlimited Texting. So. I asked to speak to his supervisor, and then asked to speak to that supervisor's supervisor. Who said that that was not the problem. She believes it has something to do with the phone. Bah. This is so annoying. Cant at&t just, sort out the problem and make it work for me??!