Need review about ios 8.1.2 on iphone 5c 16gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mhdalef, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mhdalef macrumors newbie

Hi. Im new here. I would like to hear any review about ios 8.1.2 on iphone 5c. Currently im using 7.0.5. Is it worth to update or it will slow down your device since the file is kinda big. How about battery life? Thanks all.

2. heartsglory macrumors member

I will tell you that iOS 8.1.2 at least for me has several graphic glitches. At times my unlock screen becomes unresponsive to the point that I have to reboot my phone just to unlock it. I've seen the wallpaper on my lock screen look corrupted when trying to unlock my phone. My battery life is horrible.

I'll put it to you this way: it's now at a point that I have 2 options: factory restore or get an iPhone 6 plus. As a business owner these bugs in iOS are unacceptable and Apple should seriously go back to the release cycle that was under Steve Jobs's watch - may he rest in peace.

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

The size of the update has nothing to do with anything related to slowing down. It's simply adding more features and stuff and replacing some existing code.

4. heartsglory macrumors member

The slowdown I believe is due to the code being more tweaked for the new A8 processor and its graphic engine. The iPhone 5C has the A6 processor which IMHO is leaps slower than the A8. I will say this: crappy code can cause slowdowns no matter what the engine is just like crappy fuel for your car.

5. mhdalef thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. Thanks for the review. Maybe i will stay with ios 7.0.5 even tho it has some minor bugs. But i think ios 7.1.2 is better.

6. yjchua95 macrumors 604

iOS 7 is outdated and hence vulnerable to security vulnerabilities and exploits, such as the all-too-common man in the middle attacks.

It's best that you update.

I've got an iPhone 5 32GB (same logic board as the 5c), and it actually runs 8.1.2 smoother than iOS 7.

You should always prioritize security above everything, including performance. Security is paramount.

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

iOS 7 was a piece of garbage, that's why it's smoother.

8. mhdalef thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comment. I will look into it. Thanks again.

9. nordique macrumors 6502a

I have ios 8 on my 5 devices, and it is buttery smooth

I think ios8 has some great updates and if your phone can run it, why not put it on!

10. mhdalef thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I already download ios 8.1.2 via itunes. But just want to have some review before i install it. Thanks again.

11. nordique macrumors 6502a

No worries :)

If anyone else is browsing the forum and stumbles upon your thread, you should share your own little review of ios8 once you have had some time to play around with it on your phone!

I have really gotten used to the widgets, quick message reply's, and easy email deleting - I think it was worth the upgrade for that alone.

12. mhdalef thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya. Thanks again.