Need scanner recommendation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fjs08, Apr 2, 2010.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

I need a scanner recommendation for my mac Book Pro.
    I tried my wifes HP that she uses for her PC and it doesn't work
    thanksl
    Frank

2. AV8TOR macrumors regular

AV8TOR

I can't help you with a scanner only but we went multi-purpose and got a Cannon MX860. It's a printer, scanner and Fax. We do not use the fax but the scanner and printer are very good and rock solid on a Mac. You don't even need to load the Cannon software to use all of the features of this printer.

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I'm happy with my Canon LIDE 25....it's not speedy, but it's cheap and fine for occasional use.

4. 2Bad4U macrumors member

2Bad4U

+1 for the Cannon MX860... the printing and scanning is solid. I also do not use the fax function. Does anyone fax any more?

5. drkstar macrumors member

drkstar

Brother MFC series FTW...

Snow Leopard and any Brother Multifunction Fax Copier (MFC series) with network connectivity ...

Full SL native driver support for Printing & Scanning
    Instant recognition over the LAN w/Bonjour

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What do you mean "it doesn't work"? Which model scanner? Have you downloaded and installed the driver for it? Which version MacOS X?

7. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>What do you mean "it doesn't work"? Which model scanner? Have you downloaded and installed the driver for it? Which version MacOS X?<

OSX 10.6.3.
    I'm not home, so I don't remember. It is an HP fax, copier, scanner, etc.
    I did all the driver searches, installs, etc.
    It's old too.
    I plan on scanning in a lot of household papers that we've stored as "hard copies." So it will be a bit "intense" for awhile.
    Frank

8. thedoor1 macrumors member

Fujitsu Scansnap. (Mac Version) http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/scansnap-s1500m.html

it is an absolute breeze for scanning documents. Super fast. It is almost flawless at feeding docs through. it automacially detects any document overlap. It adjusts the output size to match size of docs -- you can scan odd shaped receipts all through the feeder.

not good for photos b/c it moves through the scanner, which can damage the photo.

Comes with a full version of Acrobat.

i can't live without it.

9. bluskale macrumors regular

I am a fan of the LiDE scanners... they work decently, and don't take up a lot of space. Then again, I probably only scan something once every couple of months.