Need Schematics for Mac Pro Internal Disassemble any Help would be great!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macsrules, Mar 3, 2008.

1. macsrules macrumors regular

Hello, Everyone, I screwed up on the Title, I thought that the New mac pro's Also had the G5 tag line. I was wrong. The Computer I am referencing is a "Mac Pro" I just bought. Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know where I can get the Schematics on the Mac Pro and also detailed diagrams or instructions on removing the Power Supply?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

The G5 isn't a Mac Pro. Which one do you have?

3. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

4. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

I want to start by replacing the power supply. How do get to it?

5. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

6. Meep macrumors member

You have a Power Mac G5 my friend, they only became Mac Pro's after the intel transition like how the Powerbook became the Macbook Pro.

Now using the proper name i found you a partial disassembly guide http://www.sharpeningbeneath.com/g5guide/

Just google "Power Mac G5 disassembly guide" or "Power Mac G5 take apart guide" and you'll find more

7. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

No, I have a Mac Pro, I just thought they where still tagged with the G5 label along with the Mac Pro. I have two G5's and the New Mac Pro I just bought which is the one that I am referencing right now. I am trouble shooting to see what is wrong with it. I need to take the Power Supply out to see if that has gone bad. I can't find anything online showing images on replacing the Power Supply on a Mac Pro. The video link I posted was good for the internals but nothing on the power supply. Any sites?

8. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Do you have a warranty on that Mac Pro? Instead of tearing it apart shouldn't you visit the apple store??

9. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular