Need serious advice on compatible printer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ilrt1014, Feb 5, 2011.

1. ilrt1014 macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro and for whatever reason my printer (Epson Stylus CX 6000) does not seem compatible. I just need a new printer at this point that is compatible with my mac. Preferably wireless, but can live without. I am leaning towards the Epson WorkForce 630 Wireless or the Lexmark Interact S605 Wireless but I'm really looking for advice. Any opinions about a good, compatible, color printer? Thanks in advance!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've had fantastic luck with HP's. Their Mac software works well, too.

3. xxplosive1984 macrumors regular

Yeah, I'd probably go with HP. Their Photosmart series is pretty good. Also, those printers are AirPrint compatible as well. You can get a really good one for $150.

4. AlexQQQ macrumors member

I personally like the Canon printers best. The print quality is great and they don't drink ink as much it seems.

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Make sure it has native mac drivers. I have a canon, that I got free* with my mac, and even though I got it at an Apple store, it's not compatible unless I install drivers. Even Windows isn't that bad!

6. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Mine currently works great with both an HP Photosmart B210 and and Epson Stylus SX510W.
    HP`s software is better than Epsons though, even comes with a dashboard widget for monitoring ink levels.
    The Epson is cheaper to run tho.

7. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

im currently running an epson R265 with no issues at all...

but a big plus for Canon = there a nice printer and inks can be refilled no issues..

i refill as one part of my 1000000 lined job description - and we do canon, hp, dell, lexmark and one thing i will say is:

If a canon says its empty then it is!!!

when my epson dies i'll be getting a canon...

8. bwrairen macrumors 6502

9. LikuidMetal macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

I've got an hp 4780 photo printer, copy, and scan. It was only $99. but it was last years model. But I do love it, works GREAT!

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

me too. It's amazing. Kinda expensive, which was hard to swallow at first, but well worth it.

11. LinkMx macrumors member

I have an Epson CX5900 (which i guess is almost exactly like the CX6000) and have no problems using it with my MBP.