Need serious help with #16

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iceman1407, Oct 11, 2007.

1. iceman1407 macrumors newbie

ok i am new to the forums so hello to all.

now down to business i have made it through the steps 1-15 for jailbreaking my touch. i get to 16 type in ssh -I root 130.108.204.139 and it asks for the password which i type alpine and it says access denied 3 times. i goto the /Users/Myusername/.ssh and i delete that file and i keep doing this and it never works.

any suggestions would be extremely helpful and help me get back to writing my term paper : )

to add i am on a college network and my computer's ip has the last three digits different if that helps in your conclusions.

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Try Alpine...not alpine.

(dunno if it will work...just an idea)

3. iceman1407 thread starter macrumors newbie

confirmed that Alpine is not working for the password.

Guys please help i am so screwed if i cant get this password to work cause now itunes cant sync my music and stuff

sorry to make a new thread but i am in crisis mode. My ipot touch has gone through steps 1-15 and i am now at 16 and the alpine password is not working. there is no way that i can sync anything onto it now until i get passed this step: ( PLEASE HELP!!!

Mod note: Do not make duplicate threads! And, on the same note: Bumping is not allowed, either!

4. Adorada macrumors member

Not sure if it will help but I noticed that you typed in your post:

ssh -I .....

It's actually ssh -l (lowercase L) root ...... (ip of touch)

Also, I noticed that mines sometimes won't connect if my touch isn't on (can't be in standby). Try having it always on without going into standby. Other than that please try to explain what you are exactly doing and I'll try my best to get yours to work. Mines works flawlessly (with all iphone apps including mail/maps) so I should be able to help if you need some.