Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theperson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
I'm currently designing a webpage with a blog, community, and a set of experimental websites, and I want to have a launch page for it. How would I go about making one like this:

SITE LOGO
--THIN LINE--
ICONS (are greyed out when not moused over, and full color when moused over)
--THIN LINE--
AREA DESCRIPTION (when one of the icons is moused over) or "Hello there!" TEXT

This would all be in the center of the page on a white background.

Whoever answers, thanks.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
Are you looking for software suggestions? Or are you asking someone to code a page into what you described for you?

I'd suggest using a Dreamweaver trial, or iWeb.

theperson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Neither apps are able to do what I described, so no; all I'm asking for is someone's help in coding the page.

Winterfell

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't mean to come off the wrong way, but it looks like you're diving right in without so much as the basic knowledge of things like html. You should run through a couple of tutorials and get the basics down, at the very least.

theperson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
I happen to know HTML quite well, but I have almost no experience on things such as this..

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
In my opinion Launch pages are highly annoying and best avoided, forward the site to the blog and have a link to the other sites at the top or something, like iWeb does ;).

theperson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Okay, so I ditched the start page idea and grabbed a copy of WordPress from my host, installed a skin, and started the first of many site prototypes.

Click here and either look around or make a critique, please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.