Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Sony VAIO LT series

Sounds like the Sony VAIO LT series might be good for you, but they only come in 22", that might be too big as well but they are wall mountable, they market them as a pc that's also an hdtv, built in dvr, and built in blu ray, i only saw these just yesterday but they might be good for your needs

check them out here

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Dont mean to be funny..but...why would you want a computer in the kitchen?

I spend most of my time at home in my kitchen/living room area. I have a dying PB and will buy a MBA when they refresh the line. My main computer is 2 floors up so the kitchen PC has become the most used. Faisly common these days.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
Personally I prefer having a laptop in the kitchen since I can move it to where I'm working. I don't have a problem with the keyboard getting dirty due to wet hands/ingredients, but maybe I'm not cooking as actively as you -- typically just handling one recipe at a time, so the monitor just displays the recipe I'm working with.

My MBA works nicely for this, but obviously it's a little much if your computer is dedicated solely for kitchen use. If I was you I'd just go with the powerbook option, since it's free.

+1 for this!

The MBP's are free, go for it! You could get some sort of rubber keyboard guard if you're worried about damaging the keyboard.

But I have a question....

Where did you find a pile of free MacBook Pro's? :p

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
They definitely weren't free. I just happen to have some still around for the transition, plus spares. The failed experiment that is OS X has been an education, but a fairly expensive one.

im_noahselby

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2003
Canada
I would go with the Dell Studio Hybrid Bamboo. It's look is fresh, fun, and if you don't mind Windows, it will get the job done for your needs.

The mac mini is in need of an update, so it is hard to recommend it at this time. I think you'll get a better bang for your buck with the Studio Hybrid.

oneflow

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2009
mini and sony 23in

i set this up last night
mac mini under the cabinet
works great
n8838581_44410951_9900.jpg

monitor can move around a good amount.
wireless keyboard and mouse below

n8838581_44410952_182.jpg

mac mini just to the left of the screen under the cabinet mounted upside down

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.