Need software to audit OS X Server

Empoweredbiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Hello I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any software that I can use to pull reports from OS 10.5 in and OD environment where it would report on items such as denied log-on, attempts to access restricted files, access to files and resources both allowed and denied ? Any help would be greatly appreciated I have googled and searched for days and I can't find anything

I am also in need of a belarc advisor type of software for the Mac that I can use to pull serial numbers and install keys from software like MS Office for Mac.

Thank you I know am asking much for someone new to the forum I am grateful for any help you can pass along my way

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Hello I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any software that I can use to pull reports from OS 10.5 in and OD environment where it would report on items such as denied log-on, attempts to access restricted files, access to files and resources both allowed and denied ? Any help would be greatly appreciated I have googled and searched for days and I can't find anything
I believe Apple Remote Desktop can do all of those things. I don't know if you can pull reports from Windows boxes, but you can for Macs.

I am also in need of a belarc advisor type of software for the Mac that I can use to pull serial numbers and install keys from software like MS Office for Mac.
Sorry, I am not aware of any tools that can do that at all much less reliably. I know of some windows tools that do that, but I have found them to be inconsistent and incomplete on what they report.

Comment

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Sorry, I am not aware of any tools that can do that at all much less reliably. I know of some windows tools that do that, but I have found them to be inconsistent and incomplete on what they report.
There is something for enterprise software asset tracking
(not exactly called that) for Macs.

Comment

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Be nice to have something besides the log files... which can get rather GIGANTIC. Nothing like opening a 25MB word file.

Comment

extrachrispy

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
Austin, Texas
Install MacPorts, then use it to install logwatch?

logwatch @7.3.6, Revision 1 (security)

Description: Logwatch is a customizable log analysis system. Logwatch
parses through your system's logs for a given period of
time and creates a report analyzing areas that you
specify, in as much detail as you require. Logwatch is
easy to use and will work right out of the package on most
systems.
Homepage: http://www.logwatch.org

Platforms: darwin
License: unknown
Maintainers: lassi.tuura@cern.ch

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.