Need some advice about applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bob616, Aug 17, 2010.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

So I have a MacBook Pro 5,3. I think that it is the Late 2009 Version.
    I bought applecare for it and I was going to call apple support to get somethings fixed but before i do that i have a couple of questions.

My main problems right now is that sometimes the space key doesn't work when it is pressed and I have to press it again for it to be recognized and the battery seems to be draining a lot quicker then when I first got it. A smaller problem is that sometimes when usb devices are connected to the first USB port on the computer they will disconnect randomly. So are all of these things covered by AppleCare?

oh almost forgot there is a small dent on the top part of the casing on the computer is that covered to?

Thank You in Advance

2. feeth macrumors 6502

I would think that everything but the dent would be covered. How did the dent occur?

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

the best way to find out it to call up apple and see what they say. but i think feeth is right everything but the dent should be covered.

4. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

Anything but the battery will be covered by apple care unless you have done something to cause such problems like damaging the usb ports, dropping your laptop badly, spilling liquids etc.

I had my logic board and entire top case replaced last week for free. This way I actually got rid of a dent that came from dropping my laptop.

The warranty for batteries is 6 months. if you replace it you should be getting the same autonomy as when it was brand new.

5. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

what did you tell them to get the top part of your laptop replaced?
    I never dropped it or anything that dent just appeared there one day. it is in the center of the top half of the laptop