Need some advice for 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kanon14, Mar 4, 2009.

1. kanon14 macrumors regular

kanon14

Hey guys I need some quick advice. I'm about to sell my 24" iMac tonight and looking to purchase a 15" MBP instead. Because this is my only computer I will have to get the MBP quick, but the problem is there is no local Apple Store at my area (only a few resellers). I called the resellers yesterday and asked when they'll have stock of the new 2.66GHz MBP and most of them said they dunno and one said "in 3 weeks." I really cannot wait that long for the new MBP so I may have to purchase the 2.5 GHz one instead.

Now what I wanna ask is other than the 0.16 GHz difference in CPU, are there any differences between the two that's not noticeable on the spec list? Like some minor defects in the rev A which may be fixed in Rev B, etc. And is the 0.16 GHz difference in day-to-day use? I sometimes use it to play Lord of the Rings Online under bootcamp.

2. technotica macrumors member

I don't think you'll notice the difference unless you look at a cpu benchmark, the difference is so small that you won't find a program or game that will run good on the faster macbook and badly on the slower one. In a game it will probably be only a few frames per second difference, if that. There were even some becnhmarks between the 17" 2.66 Macbook Pro and the 15" 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro where the 2.53Ghz was benched faster. (Which doesn't make sense I know :p )

3. kanon14 thread starter macrumors regular

kanon14

Thanks! I think I'll go with the 2.53Ghz model. I've confirmed that the new MBP won't arrive earlier than March 14th. I really can't wait that long.