Need some advice from an Apple Store veteran

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akashhhhh, Oct 18, 2008.

1. akashhhhh macrumors member

Hi folks,

I received my new MPB (stock 2.53) and I was really loving it. Boot camped Vista and everything was beautiful.

The only issue is that there is clearly a connection problem in the iSight camera. In photobooth, the video keeps turning on and off and windows keeps giving me the attached/detatched hardware bing-bong sounds every few seconds.

So, I need to have it replaced. Does anyone have experience with this? Ideally, I'd like to use the machine while they send a new one so I can swap the hdds and move on with my life, is that even an option? Will they allow me to swap at an Apple store? Any help or guidance would be appreciated before I take on Apple customer service tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Did you buy it in-store, if so go in a get a replacement and get them to transfer all your data. If on line, ring them up apple customer service up they will send you you a new one. Ask for a waiver where you can keep the new machine for a few days to transfer your data. Voila.

3. akashhhhh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help, I actually bought it online but they seemed reluctant to give me the waiver and not charge for the shipped unit. The compromise is for me go into a mac store where they will give me a new unit and swap the hdds later today. Win!

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Of course they have to charge your for the new unit. If they didn't what's to stop you from never returning it?