Need some advice , I am a brand new

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Allen0715, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Allen0715 macrumors newbie

Allen0715

I want to buy a black Mac Book
    and who can tell me the interior temperature after using 2 hours?
    I heard of that it will be very hot
    Thanks a lot:)

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, I use my MacBook and MBP often as laptops, and, especially with the MacBook, it occasionally seems maybe a bit too warm to comfortably sit on bare skin, but it's never really been an issue, even when the CPU is cranked.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

My BlackBook gets to about 120F with normal browsing, e-mail, ichat, not a lot going on. When it gets going it can reach ~ 170F, but is more around ~150F.

4. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Yea I would say usually between 130-150, the highest mine has gotten (because of photoshop) was like 163.

5. nbrendal macrumors newbie

I just got my new Macbook this week. I have been using it extensively on my lap and it has never approached a temperature that bothers me. I dont know exact numbers.

My ole Dell Inspiron, however, would have burned my legs off had I used it on my lap.

6. fuzzynavo macrumors regular

My MBP is about 48C (118F) at idle, about 52C (125F) with light work and 65C (150F) when doing something heavy or gaming. If I run something really processor intensive I've seen it reach as high as 82C (180F), but I hear from others that it's still pretty normal.

7. mikehokie macrumors regular

To the OP

Why would you want to get a black book? Only thing it has going against the white MB is the color and for that you are paying $120 more for the color.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I agree. Upgrade to the base mbp. It's a much better way to spend your dollars.