Need some advice...NES worth Keeping or Sell?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SteelBlueTJ, Nov 10, 2018.

1. SteelBlueTJ macrumors 6502

I still have my original NES along with about 30 games for it sitting in a box in my attic. I can't imagine ever playing any of those cartridges ever again, at least on the original machine. It's been many years since I last tested it and even then, I had to fight with the NES just to get it to work. The only reason I kept it all these years was just the nostalgia factor, memories, and it was my Christmas gift when I was 6 in 1989. I did buy an NES Classic recently, but it lacks some of my favorite games. I am not a big gamer these days and I am moving soon, so I am trying to rid my life of unnecessary clutter. What do you think? Should I keep or sell the NES and cartridges? Any of you guys ever in the same boat? Thanks for any advice!

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

You can add games to it. Just do a search on YouTube.
    If you will never play them ever again, and you are not a collector, than why keep it? I would just sell it.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

It is worth money depending on condition but will probably need a new cartridge slot to prevent it from not working properly. The vintage gaming stores by me all update the slot when they get a used NES in...