Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J_P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2005
my company wants to start making catalogs that we do inside the company instead of outside. the girl that currently does this for us foolishly told us what programs she used, one beign Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and the other begin quarkxpress. i now have the task of finding a system that we will be able to use for this. my thoughts turned to the new mini mac (which i would personally like to own) or an imac.

this isn't going to be graphically challenging most of the pictures are pulled off the internet from vendor sites. plus i don't really have all the specs so far as to what needs to be done for these. but i do know that mac's are the way to go for graphics and stuff like this. i am however not familiar with apple hardware so i really don't know what specs would be a decent machine, or even if a mini mac, imac or powerpc would be best. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.