Need some advice on buying a Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amazeded, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. amazeded macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2007
    #1
    Hi there,

    I've been planning on buying a Macbook for quite some time now & am now able to do so. The issue I am having is that, seeing that the new OS is coming out in less than 2 months, I'm somewhat hesitant to buy it right now. Do you believe that there will be concurrent updates to the Macbook with the new OS? I am trying to decide if it is worth the wait. I'm a college student so buying it right now would give me a free iPod nano (which ends Sept 16), which would be pretty nice. Does anyone have any advice on the best option? Thank you!

    Tyler
     
  2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

    noodle654

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Location:
    Never Ender
    #2
    If you need it now, then buy it now. You can always just buy Leopard when it comes out. As for an update, nobody knows but many people think during the release or during Q1 of 2008. I just got the 2.16GHz Macbook today as a replacement for my iBook, it is very fast.
     
  3. Eluzion macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    #3
    Leopard will retail for $129, and $69 on student discount. I think two months of using a Macbook can justify paying $69 to upgrade the OS when the time comes (rather than waiting two months and buying it then). Personally, I think the next Macbook update will be with the upcoming Intel CPUs. It would be stupid for them to update them anytime soon with the Santa Rose core since newer releases expected in the coming months. Just my guess though.

    With the free iPod and printer deal going on right now, I think it's a great time to buy a Macbook. Waiting to buy a computer is not really an option in the computer world since there's always new stuff just on the horizon.
     
  4. Quboid macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Location:
    everywhere
    #4
    If you want to wait for new technology you'll wait forever. I think you should buy it now, get the free printer and ipod which would cost you more than a OS upgrade (Mean means its better to get it free) and then if you fee like it you can get leopard (caue you will fall in loe with tiger).

    If the new Macbook was close, it would be all over this forum.:):D
     
  5. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

    PCMacUser

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2005
    #5
    The differences between Tiger and Leopard are not worth waiting 2 months for. Buy it now.
     
  6. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

    vicious7

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2007
    Location:
    Jacked into the net...
    #6
    Yep. Plus I'd advise waiting a couple of months after Leopard's release to give them time to get any bugs outta the way. Besides, Tiger is a great OS and the main reason why I recently switched to Apple. If you need it now, buy it now (this should be an MR mantra...lol).
     

Share This Page