Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Hey guys.

Ok here is the deal. I am working on a small site for an artist. On his main page he wants a thumbs of 9 of his paintings, set up so that they make a large square grid. Each one of those squares would have a 'slide show' effect, and transition to one other painting. I guess it would just loop after that.

What do you guys think is the best way to go about this? I don't have any experience working wish Flash, so I was hoping for a non-Flash solution. It seems like this would be a situation where Flash might work well though... :mad:

Anyway, thanks in advance for any tips.

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for the tip. I am reading the info right now. From seeing the 2 shows running side by side on your site, it looks like it could do what I want.

One thing I don't understand from the wording is, does it HAVE to use a feed? I just want to use images on the same server as the site. I dont' want to store them on one of those photo sites.

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
You could generate your own Media RSS feed.

Or use a locally-installed gallery script that supports RSS.

Sorry to be a pain, but I am a complete newb to this. Can anyone suggest a good, fairly simple script to install that has this feature?

Or point me in the direction of a good, easy to follow tutorial on the Media RSS feeds. I did a google search, but I get an overwhelming amount of results and I can't find a straight forward one.

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Guys,

I tried out Bannerzest because someone told me it has this exact effect in it. And it indeed does. So I think I am just going to use it. This site is more a favour to someone, and I can't spend much time stressing over a solution. So I will use the easiest one!

Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.