Need some advice on the battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RinNohara, Jul 5, 2014.

1. RinNohara macrumors newbie

RinNohara

Hi, I recently been noticing a recurring issue with my mac's charger. Lately when I go to charge it, the light on the charger turns green or there is no light at all. This is a small issue at the moment because after I play around with the part that connects to my mac, the problem disappears, however, I strongly believe that this issue will worsen down the road.

I've already looked online and people said it might be my batteries', but I have a newer mac (not retina though) and my hardware/power only displays a cycle count of 327 (my mac has a 1000 cycle life). All my other power information seems to be good as well.

Another good thing is that I am still under apple care and under the one year of purchasing this mac.

So, my main concern is the issue worsening and then I'd end up having to pay out of my pocket for parts in the near future. ***especially right after my first year/when my apple care expires.

So is there anything I could do to take advantage of the situation even though I doubt the apple technicians can detect anything at the moment? I really want to diagnose or even sucker my way through getting some new parts for free haha.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Take a close look at the MagSafe interface on your computer and the adapter. Is there any debris or anything that looks slightly melted or charred?

I had to replace the MagSafe adapter and the socket on my parents old MacBook because it got dirty and over time a short developed. It caused a bunch of excess heat and melted the plastic around the MagSafe pins on the laptop.

3. RinNohara thread starter macrumors newbie

RinNohara

All the interfaces look good and there was no debris at all.

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

If it regularly shows no light, or if it regularly shows green when it should be charging (amber) then you should be able to show that to the Genius Bar.

I had a problem with the magsafe not always showing and a fault on a USB port on my 13" and they changed the logic board.

Barney