Price Advice Need some advice regarding a 2011 Unibody 13" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by youradhere4222, Oct 18, 2011.

1. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

I have a 13" MacBook Pro that I purchased in early 2011 (literally the day that the new models came out). It's the entry model; 2.3GHz i5, 4GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive.

I found a new 15" for about $1300 in August of this year so I quickly bought it and retired the 13", which I haven't gotten around to selling until now. Even while I had it, I used the MacBook in conjunction with another computer, so it really hasn't seen much use.

I still have the original box and the original pamphlets, and I will be selling it along with a brand new adapter which was never removed from the packaging.

I'm looking at putting it on Craigslist, and was thinking $800 seemed fair. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks!

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

Please for the love of god don't put "OBO - or best offer" on your damn post. What is the point of that? Yeah I want $800, but I'm willing to take less. Cool, thanks, glad to know I can get it cheaper without even having to bother with haggling with you.

3. youradhere4222 thread starter macrumors 6502

Chill out dude.

4. donklaus macrumors member

Similar question here...

I have the same model, though I've upgraded to 8 GB RAM and a 750 GP Scorpio Black 7200 rpm hard drive. I've used mine a bit more than you, but still as a second computer.

It doesn't help that Micro Center offers these brand-new at $999. I figure I'll offer mine for $900 first, and see who bites.

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

Unfortunately, it is going to be pretty tough to get a good price out of our MBPs, regardless of condition, because the MBA models are the hot items, and prices have come down (the 999 at MicroCenter).

I would say you could put it out there for 1000 and go down to something like 900. Remember, most people don't know about MicroCenter (or live near one). And, you get to sell without sales tax, so they are actually saving several hundred dollars.

At any rate, starting at 800 seems really low.

6. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

$975 or best reasonable offer ($900 as your lowest, just my opinion).

7. eric/ Guest

eric/

wtf are you talking about?

8. youradhere4222 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I put it in on Mac2Sell and it came back with $990. The computer comes with a brand new adapter as well, so I figured I'd mark it at $950 and maybe go down to $900 if possible. Thanks.

I'm welcome to any more input.