Need some advice. Respring takes forever, sometimes freezes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Savesthej, May 13, 2011.

1. Savesthej macrumors newbie

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking, but have been doing fairly well so far. The first time I did it, I installed all kinds of new apps, and eventually, the respring took forever, sometimes hours, when installing a new app or updating winterboard. I decided the remedy was to rejailbreak and in doing so, install the latest iOS, 4.3.2.*

Everything was working great until I installed LockInfo last night. Now if I do anything that requires a respring, it's an hour or more before it is usable again. Sometimes I need to quit the process and force a restart as it freezes.*

I don't have any cracked apps. I have purchased them all. I would like to experiment with themes in Winterboard, but not if it takes this long to get the phone running.*

Any ideas, suggestions, anything at all, would be very helpful. If you need additional info, let me know.*

Thanks!

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

This is highly unusual behavior. I suggest something is corrupted and it may pay off to just re-jailbreak. I've got tons of apps from Apple and Cydia and many mobile substrate extensions. Reboot is very quick and never freezes.

3. Savesthej thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess that would be why I haven't been able to find anything on this at all in my forum searches. I jailbroke the first time with Greenpois0n, and have already rejailbroken once, this time with redsn0w I think. Seems to have the same problem. I'm wondering if any combination of mobile substrates are incompatible or something like that. I'm running the following:

Activator
    DisplayStack
    FakeLocation
    FakeOperator
    IconSupport
    Infinifolders
    Lockinfo
    MobileNotifier
    Notified
    PhotoAlbumsPlus
    PreferenceLoader
    RemoveBG
    UIHook-iKeyEx3
    WinterBoard
    biteSBarClient
    biteSMSsb
    libhide
    libstatusbar

I suppose I could jailbreak yet again, but I'd rather not. I just did it a week or so ago. Thanks for the help!

4. Seabit macrumors newbie

Seabit

Just restore it and re-jailbreak it, don't update it, and it should be fine. What kind of device do you have?

5. Savesthej thread starter macrumors newbie

3GS currently running 4.3.2

Any recommendations to downgrade? I really don't need any of the new iOS features.