Need some advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by malibuboats91, Mar 9, 2012.

1. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

I am planning on buying the new iPad. I am leaving for vacation on the 15th so I will be trying to get one in Florida. If I preorder it today, I will get it on the 21st according to the apple representative. What do you think the chances of being able to pick one up at a retail store are? Or am I better off having it shipped to the house we are renting down there? I'm apprehensive because if it comes early or late we wont be there.

2. Boen macrumors member

If it comes via FedEx and you get a tracking number from the notification, you can call FedEx and have them hold it and deliver it on a future date.

3. malibuboats91 thread starter macrumors regular

If apple says the 21st is that pretty accurate?

4. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

You could go with store pick up set for a certain day if you know for sure you will be there.

I doubt it will be early, but it could very well be late. I'm sure you can work it out with fedex though if you call them once you have a tracking number and what not if you will be in another location, they'll probably just charge you to ship it from florida back to where ever you are.

Lastly i would not try to pick one up without a pre order at the store, it is mayhem, but then again i'm the kind of person that would rather wait 3-4 hours in line then wait 3-4 days to play with the new iPad. So it goes both ways