Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by NbinHD, Aug 21, 2013.

1. NbinHD macrumors 6502

So im eagerly awaiting GTA V, cant wait. Currently i have a xbox 360 60gb white model - the old ones. Anyway, ive been thinking about it and it doesnt seem that Rockstar is going to release a version for pc or the next gen consoles anytime soon (within months), and since im only a casual gamer, when i have the free time (student with a pretty heavy work load and a part time job) to play, it wouldn't make sense for me to buy a new next gen console just for one or two games played every now and than. Now, said xbox that i currently own, does not feature built in wifi, so i have to play it in the living room, or should i buy a xbox 360 slim (black model) for $300 that does have wifi that i can use in my room - only problem with that is i need some speakers and it creates more clutter. What do you guys think, should i just save the $300+ bucks and use it in the living room or buy the new xbox 360 slim. Alternatively i could buy a spec'd up iMac with a 1gb card, but thats a pain in the butt cause i have to restart to boot into windows all of the time and if i start on the xbox to play gta v, all my content wont transfer over and wait for the game on pc. What do you guys think?

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I don't know if your model Red-Rings (need to look into it as I have an even earlier 20Gig model, but later than the launch), but use it and save your money for the next-gen.

Heck, if yours red-rings, just buy a used one as they'll be cheap enough rather than repairing them.

Then, buy next-gen, as when you are ready, prices may start dropping or they'll be great deals on games as well.

Happy gaming...

3. NbinHD thread starter macrumors 6502

That interesting with the RROD. Ive had mine since launch, never ever had a problem, in the last two years havent even turned it on. Just turned it on - runs perfectly fine. I would buy a next gen console, but im not particularlly fond on spending so much money on something that i will not be able to use alot due to my commitments.