Need some advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geeshiet, Feb 9, 2015.

1. geeshiet macrumors member

I have a 5s and thinking about upgrading in a few months. But what would be more beneficial, selling my iPhone or keeping it? If you suggest selling it, then who or where should I sell it? If I do sell it I can buy my mom a better cheap smartphone and save some money.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're planning on upgrading it in a few months, then why not wait until the fall and get a 6s?

3. Newtons Apple, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If she has been a good Mom, does she not deserve the 5S?

Look at all she has done for YOU!

Some claim it is as good if not better than the 6 or 6+.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you're going to use the profit to buy your mom a smartphone, why not just give the 5s to her instead?

5. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

+1.

6. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

7. geeshiet thread starter macrumors member

The problem guys, is that she has a vision problem. My mom doesn't like phones that are small. She'd rather want the galaxy phones, where she can easily hold, read, and type. But you guys are right, I should use the whole profit to buy her a better phone.

8. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I understand the vision problem first hand. Get her what she wants, if possible. Moms are first--:):)

If you sell and aren't Craigslist savvy. And want to use that site. Research, research, research. Bad people hang out there. I get more scam responses than legit. But, I know how to differentiate.

Good luck on whatever you decide--:):)

9. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

If you want to sell online, I have had several good experiences with Swappa. And you won't get eaten alive with seller fees like on eBay (though you still have to pay PayPal fees). Generally safer and painless alternative to Craigslist.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I bought my mom a 6+ and loves it. She likes the larger screen for the same reason you're doing for your mom. She came from a 5S and it was too small for her even with increased bold text.