Need some advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XxCH3AT3RxX, Jul 16, 2008.

1. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

Well during XMas I had my parents buy me the iPod Classic on Apple.com and I believe it was $220 or $230 due to some savings they had that day, I believe it was black friday. My iPod classic is 80GB and I only have bout 3GB filled (don't laugh). The reason being this is because I had to move all my music from one computer another and deleted about 10GB of movies, so now it is just 3GB of music. I obviously do not need that big of an ipod when my Computer hard drive is only 40GB (9yr old dell). So does anyone know where I can sell a iPod classic for a fairly good price? eBay has so much for sale so I doubt I can get a good amount of there and I do not feel like dealing with craigslist. I was thinking about selling it to my brother since his 1G 2GB iPod is doing bad and he is in the market for a new one.

If I did sell my classic I would get the 8GB iPod touch since it is definetly enough space. I would use it for music, web browser, and aim. I would obviously jail break it, but not sure of any other cool useful apps there are for it. Any suggestions on apps? Also, is it smart to get iPod touch this late in the game? Has there been rumors of a new one soon?

If I got an iPod touch should I get a refurbished so I do not have to dish out another $100 to get brand new one? I like brand new stuff, but I don't know. Are Apple's refurbished items nice? Do you think the batteries could be damaged and not last as long?

2. qacjared macrumors regular

craigslist?

3. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Well I guess I can list on craigslist since it is free and stuff. Just hate sorting through all the spam/scam email offers.

4. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Any other suggestions? If I ordered a refurbished 8GB or 16GB from Apple.com do you think they would be in good condition and the battery would be in good condition? How long is this sale on Apple.com? Has there been any word on if there will be a newer more updated version of the iPod touch? I hate buying anything that costs a lot then seeing it get cheaper or a new model comes out.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Every Apple refurb product that I've purchased (macs, iPods, routers, keyboard, mouse) have all been in excellent (most of the time they're like brand new) condition and have great functionality. They're individually tested to make sure that they're in a sellable condition.

Until they end it: they're not saying when.

Does speculation count? If so, then people will always speculate on what they want/what might be coming.

No offense, but if that's the way you feel, technology might not be the best investment. It's always improving and getting less expensive. There will always be something new on the horizon. If you buy it now, I can promise you that it will still work just even after a new model comes out. If it doesn't, you'll be able to get it replaced under warranty.

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Refurb, all the way! All of my iPods have been purchased refurbished, and I know many people who buy their Macs refurb, too: when I get the dough, I'll certainly be buying my notebook refurb!

Oh, AND they come with the same warranty as a bran-spanking-new iPod, as well as you can buy AppleCare.

7. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

I know I was going to get an response like this, but I was implying by having things come out short after purchase is like a month or two. I know new things are always on the horizon, but just hate when it is a month or less and a new one comes out.

Oh, that is good to know they come with the same warranty.

8. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

We have had one problem with an iMac we bought here for work. All the others, more than 10, have performed flawlessly.
    My wife has a 4gb Nano and works like a charm. Refurb is pretty solid and has the same warranty.

9. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Well, seeing all the good replies about their refurbished items I will probably go down that route. I was planning on selling my iPod Classic for like $220ish with all its accessories then spend $80 more for the new 8GB touch. But now I thinking I will spend $80 and get the 16GB refurbished one.

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

:D:D Good to hear! I am a shameless proponent of refurb! Especially since Apple JUST dropped the price of the refurb. iPod Touches! I had to pay $349 for my 16 GB in April!

Not that I'm complaining.

Hope you enjoy your iPod Touch!