Need some Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdougherty, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Sdougherty macrumors member

Hey guys/girls. I am ready to buy an iphone (finally) as my t-mobile contract is coming up this December.

I was wondering mr's take on the 3g and 3gs. is the 3gs really worth it? or should i get a 16g 3g for cheaper?

the data plan will be unlimited texting/internet ($30 plan I believe) and then the cheapest minutes plan available. Just looking for some insight :D.

thanks everyone!
    [/body]​

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

3GS or wait until June for the new iPhone. That's my suggestion.

3. Sdougherty thread starter macrumors member

I have a hunger for the iphone, I guess i didn't mention that I knew the new one would come out, my idea was to get the 3g to hold me over until June :p

4. bstpierre macrumors 6502

You won't be eligible for an upgrade in June so that route will be expensive. If you want to get one now I would get the GS. You are better off skimping on memory than slimping on processor.

I was just commenting to my wife this weekend on how slow Hangman is to load (and it starts the timer when it starts so I am 9 seconds into a game before I can do anything). She started it on hers and said it was pretty quick and suggested that maybe I should reinstall it. I pointed out to her that she has a GS and I just have a G.

5. Sdougherty thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the advice, i didnt think about the contract. i guess spending $200 on a 3gs just seems most logical

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

$30/month does not include unlimited texting...

$30 is just for data. no texts at all..

and i would go with 3GS. the 3G shouldnt even be considered.