Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hk55874

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
hello everyone! im very new to this site and just thought id say hello to everyone and see if i could get some help with iphone. I just about iphone 3g and upgraded to 3.0 and its jailbroken. Im just waiting to ultrasnow to be release so I can unlock and use with my tmobile service. obviously I dont have sim card but i get wifi service at home around my router but not anywhere else, I dont know anything about iphone and wifi and I don't know thats normal or not that I don't get no wifi service at all lol and also if anyone has iphone 3g on tmobile service please let me know which web service tmobile provide is the best. i called tmobile and asked about 3g web service for G1 phone but i hereaed this somewhere that tmobile 3g web service is doesnt work propertly with iphone 3g.. :(

thanks guys!

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
hello everyone! im very new to this site and just thought id say hello to everyone and see if i could get some help with iphone. I just about iphone 3g and upgraded to 3.0 and its jailbroken. Im just waiting to ultrasnow to be release so I can unlock and use with my tmobile service. obviously I dont have sim card but i get wifi service at home around my router but not anywhere else, I dont know anything about iphone and wifi and I don't know thats normal or not that I don't get no wifi service at all lol and also if anyone has iphone 3g on tmobile service please let me know which web service tmobile provide is the best. i called tmobile and asked about 3g web service for G1 phone but i hereaed this somewhere that tmobile 3g web service is doesnt work propertly with iphone 3g.. :(

thanks guys!

First of all, welcome to Macrumors! Most of us love you here. ;)
Okay, do you have a laptop where you can test where you get WiFi in your house? The iPhone's chip is a little weaker, but shouldn't be that much weaker.
T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G frequencies.
AT&T uses 850 and 1900, while T-Mobile uses 1700/2100.
T-Mobile USA is the only provider in the world to use those frequencies, so only phones made for T-Mobile USA can be used on their 3G frequencies.
Thus, the iPhone 3G cannot use 3G internet on T-Mobile's network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.