Need some basic help with configuring a domain + its hosting account on GoDaddy.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by definitive, Mar 31, 2011.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I'm working with a client who has a domain and hosting located on GoDaddy. I prefer using CPanel, but I don't think GoDaddy offers it, so I'm hoping that someone here could help me out on how I could point the domain to the hosting account. The domain and the hosting were purchased at separate times, so I'm not sure how to set them up so they'd work together. On the main account page under hosting it shows a Launch button under the Control Center. That page takes me to a configuration menu where it allows me to set up an FTP account for the domain. I'm just not sure if once I go through with that if everything will work correctly. It's not my account, so I'd rather not start poking around and pressing whatever buttons and then screw things up for them.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Why not contact them for support?

Most people with godaddy accounts are incapble of supporting you, because advanced users don't use godaddy.

3. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

My advice - don't use Go Daddy. Use Host Gator - AMAZING customer service, and for a great price.

That's from a guy that has a reseller account with around 50+ sites hosted there.

4. HomeBru Studios macrumors member

HomeBru Studios

I detest GoDaddy! I advise everyone I talk to to avoid them like the plague!!

The answer to your question is:
    Click on My Account in the menu
    Click on "Advanced Details" next to the domain and from there you can edit the Nameservers and DNS settings