Need some buying/selling pointers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Preed08, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Preed08 macrumors regular

Hello all. I am considering buying a 15 in macbook sealed in box (so he says) for 1400. Its the model with the 650m and the regular 500gb hdd.
    Is this a good enough price to skip waiting on the Haswell notebook?

Also, im wondering what my 6/10 condition macbook pro 13in 2011 would go for....upgraded to 8gb and 500gb hdd

2. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Just discovered a technique to sell by ACCIDENT! HAH!

I showed off my 15"rMB today at the 'big red fruity' store along with my 17"MBP, cos I wanted to compare with the 13"rMB, people were so in love with the show and tell that one guy decided to guy my 15"rMB right away, so that I could afford the 13"rMB, now I am a happy camper through and through!

Good luck.

3. theriddler macrumors member

Why did he want to buy yours when the store has them on display? I would expect the general public curious about the 17" cMBP instead because they've probably never seen one before.

4. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

They wanted a real deal and I gave it to him, we negotiated a he offered one and I immediately put towards the 3.0GHz i7 13"r-MB. Yeah, the public was really excited to see such a large display on a notebook, a lot of them were new to this company and didn't realize even, that it made 17"MBPs, it was kind of funny, I was like - where have you been, hiding under a rock?

So ya - there were interests in the 17" notebook. They all wished they had gotten one rather than one by the other companies out there.

There were a few interested in the 17"MBP of mine, so I suggested they go and pick up their own in the refurb store, so that day that store had a lot of orders for 17"MBP refurbs.