Need some capture and coverting software for broadcast graphics

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ezekielrage_99, May 6, 2007.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I am currently working for a weather graphics organisation and need some capture and coverting software for broadcast graphics on a Window PC (yeah I know)

My employer doesn't need anything to do flashy it just needs to capture video to a Xena capture card and output it to either Quicktime, MPEG or GXF in 16:9 format for other broadcasters to use. The graphics will be updated daily therefore an automated video application would be nice as well.

Normally I would go with Final Cut Pro HD, there would be no option however the Weather Graphics Software is Windows all the way so the Mac video solution isn't really viable.

I was personally thinking of Quicktime Pro for Windows if anyone know if it can do that, if it can't does anyone have any suggestions on how I could capture and convert using some Windows video software?

2. makkystyle macrumors regular

You want Adobe Premiere. See the AJA website (which makes the xena card).

Though to be honest I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You say you want to capture through the xena card, this implies an outside video source. But then you talk about the "graphics software" which suggests that the graphics are being generated on a PC. Then you say you would use FCP but the weather software is windows, giving the impression that you want the same machine that is generating the imagery to capture it.

If the graphics are already on the machine digitally, you should be able to just open the files in whatever editing app you want to use and the Xena card doesn't really matter.

3. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

You could do it for free with my BabyaTV.

Supports most video capture devices-uses QT7.

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I need the SDI outputs and inputs... At the moment looks like we're sticking with Combustion.