Need some Chronosync-fu

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iW00t, Jun 11, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Does anyone know how I can create a set of rules such that the sync is for a root folder (like ~) but I can specify a set of rules to backup very specific folders that within my ~ folder?

For instance I have been trying to make a sync that would syncronise my document folders, as well as a very specific subset of folders within ~/Library/Application Support but to no avail.

For instance, with my sync set up for ~/Library on both sides, what is wrong with the following set of rules?

[​IMG]

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It would help to know what problem you are having? What happens when you do a trial sync under those rules?

3. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

The funny thing is I get nothing (like no files are found to be synced).

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

My guess is its the AND statement that is causing your problem. There are no files that satisfy "A" AND "B"

5. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

I thought so and tried removing it by changing it to an "OR" but it ended up syncing the entire Application Support folder instead. "AND" does makes sense, because all of the other folders in the 2nd rule group (Adium, iSale, etc) exists under Application Support. Hence they should be backed up too.

I seem to be missing something here, but grrr... if only it can be more intuitive.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

What I would do is break it up into multiple syncs and then put them all in the same Container to run them all at once.

7. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

Ahhhhh.....

I never knew about containers till now!

Thanks! That helps heaps.

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, i like to keep my sync rules very simple so I know exactly what is getting synced. I then store at the syncs in a single container and run them all at once.