Need some feedback

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Swarm1424, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Swarm1424 macrumors newbie

Ok so idk if I'm going to be able to post pics of my problems but I need feedback on this cause I'm about to go to apple to get my ipad mini exchanged(which I don't want to do). So my problem is when I'm in the App Store on the ipad and I go to the purchased section I see all my apps there. When I tap on one I see a card pop up and it gives info about that app. Now when I do this there is a little space at the top where I can see the apps behind it and when I scroll on it the back ground scrolls instead. You can see the first photo. Now the other problems I'm havering is with asphalt 6:HD I will post what it looks like in the next thread below. It doesn't work plain and simple. Also I am having trouble with fotolr 3 hd where I can't use the app past the edit screen. And I also have tried to play 2xl mx offload and the app will open in %75 of the screen and won't respond at all, both free and paid versions. And they are both ipad universal apps not the 1x and 2x mode apps for iPhone. This is really annoying and I can't find a solution. I have restored to factory iOS clean and tried it and nothing changed. Check out my pics and let me know if anyone is running into these issues with the AppStore section and these particular apps.

Attached Files:

2. Swarm1424 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is asphalt 6 hd on a clean restore ipad mini iOS 6.0.1

Attached Files:

3. Swarm1424 thread starter macrumors newbie

And here's 2xl mx off road, please some one chime in and lemme know what's going on so I don't have to get a replacement refurbished apple store unit and have to take off my brand new screen protectors off. Btw everything else is working perfectly fine otherwise as far as I can tell here

Attached Files:

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's possible those apps are simply not reading the 'identifier' of the iPad mini and are presenting mixed / wrong assets based on the mistake.

True Skate on the mini for example is rendering the wrong shaders because it doesn't scale back to iPad 2 settings as it fails to see the iPad mini's identifier.

So it could simply be a case that you will have to wait for those apps to be updated. If its not affecting every game / app then the chances are its not hardware.

But if in doubt return it. They won't give you a refurb, they will just swap it out for a new one.

5. Swarm1424 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I just find it weird with the 4 apps doing all different things and the apple App Store in the first picture having that issue. I checked my dads ipad 4 and it does it as well. I definitely think there are app compatibility issues and its really strange. I can't explain why these apps aren't even working and the asphalt 6 glitch is almost frightening to me

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'll download Asphalt 6 now to see if it same here. If it is then it is certainly just an identifier issue that will need o be addressed with an update from gameloft.

Will take a while as its 800mb though...

7. Swarm1424 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Yeah it's asphalt 6:adrenaline hd version 1.5.1

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep. Installed, the bug is on mine too.

It's not your iPad, its the game.

Notice when you start game fresh you can even see it struggle to load the right loading screen.

It's clearly getting its assets mixed up.

It just needs to be updated by gameloft.

9. Swarm1424 thread starter macrumors newbie

K thanks. There are 5 other apps so far that are having compatibility issues that I've seen including the App Store interface which really sucks. Lemme know if that is also happening for you.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True skate has issues. Rendering is painfully slow, so I contacted the developer

This was his response

So don't panic, its clearly an issue that some games are not identifying the iPad mini correctly and in time they will be updated to accommodate the new device.

I have 59 other games installed on my mini, the only one that has slight issue is Lilo which displayed a black screen for a long time before finally getting into the game.

There is always going to be the odd app issue, frustrating if its an app you really want but often there are plenty of alternatives to tide you over.

It's certainly nothing indicative of your iPad mini being faulty anyway.

In regards to the App Store interface, well since iOS 6 both App Store and iTunes Store have both suffered since their GUI overhaul. Hopefully Apple sorts them out soon.