Need some good advice with my new iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rod Trendy, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Rod Trendy Guest

Hey,

I got my new iPhone 5S yesterday. I have some problems with my phone.

1.) Power button rattling

Did a Google search on the internet and found it to be a common problem. So any chances of getting a device without the power button rattling? It's only rattling when shaking the phone but still it sucks. I mean, it's a 899 € phone. Am I expecting too much? Never hat that kind of problems, neither with my iPhone 3G nor with my iPhone 4.

2.) Green dots, purple flares on the camera

So this a common problem with all cameras (not just phones) when too much light gets on the sensor? The green dot is much less translucent on my Galaxy S3 than on my iPhone 5S.

3.) White (moving / flying) dots on the camera

You can clearly see objects (small white dots) flying around through the picture (on the screen) when taking shots under dark / low light conditions (living room, dimmed light) and using the LED flash. So I've read that these "orbs" are dust particles, floating around in the room and reflecting the light back onto the sensor? Is that so? Once again, these orbs are less present on photos taken with my Galaxy S3. (Maybe due to the smaller sensor?)

4.) Stripes on the display when opening the camera app

When I am starting the camera app from the homescreen, right after the app opens there are white to grey semi-translucent stripes on the screen, moving from the left handed side of the display to the right. This is only happening as long as the camera is trying to get its focus. These stripes are gone right after the camera has gotten its focus. But sometimes the camera just won't focus. Then, the flickering stripes are remaining all the time, until the camera will finally focus.

Am I the only person with this problem?

Best regards,
    Rod

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Would you post pictures for #2 and #3? Purple flares are normal if a light source is just out of frame. For #4 is it possible to see it on a screen capture? If so would you post it also?

But to answer your question, I don't have a green spot or dots or stripes. :)

For #4 I'd do a quick reset (home and sleep button until Apple logo appears). It will not damage or change any settings.

3. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Over reaction

I think your overreacting it is very common to have a rattle in
    your lock button and nothing will fix the glare of light in the camera

It is not really worth taking it back because u will probably get the same problem again.

4. Rod Trendy thread starter Guest

Yes. I can post videos of whats going on after work.

----------

That's possible and exactly the reason why I am asking for a second opinion here.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

No, there are many in this forum like you!:eek:

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Some?

Holly crap you got the whole shebang.